Tuesday 29 May 2007

Poker 4 Rent

This blog has been created to chronicle my attempts to play internet poker successfully. This follows several years of break-even/slightly-winning play.

I know all of the fundamentals of poker very well but have not always been the greatest at doing the right thing.

My list of crimes includes:
- chasing losses;
- poor (non-existent) bankroll management;
- tilt.

My wife and I have moved into a lovely 4-bedroomed detached house in a quiet cul-de-sac and I see this as a new opportunity to set some goals for my poker playing in the immediate future.

My starting bankroll will be $2000. I will play $0.50-$1 No Limit Texas Hold Em for approximately 10-15 hours per week, playing 4 x 9-handed tables simultaneously.

Goals are:
1. Withdraw $1900 rent money each month end (starting 30 June 07)
2. Play within bankroll (at least 20 x 100BB buy-ins for current level)
3. Track and review large pots played to assess luck-factor

Rules
1. Move down in stakes if bankroll is less than 1,500 big blinds
2. Stop playing for minimum of 12 hours if more than 300 big blinds lost in any one session

In case anyone is wondering, the rent money is already covered by mine and the lovely wife's more than adequate salaries. This extra money will be invested in some sort of equities-based managed fund (to be decided).

ALSO, I HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT POKER HAS TAKEN UP A LOT OF MY ENERGIES IN THE PAST FEW YEARS AT IT. NOW IS THE TIME TO MAKE SOME NICE MONEY AT THIS GAME. IF I GO BUST I WILL STOP PLAYING POKER FOR GOOD.

I realise that the starting bankroll is a little bit on the short side - only 20 buy-ins - but with average luck in the short term this will soon be rectified.

I am planning to review each week's results and play on a regular basis. Also, I will make some comments on whatever catches my eye in the world of online poker.

Bye for now

No comments: