Friday 13 July 2007

A moveable feast

My plans shift all the time.

First, I started 4-tabling full ring 50c-$1, then I switched to 6max, now I have switched sites and am playing 6max $2-$4. However, I am only playing one table at a time.

The reasons for this change are many
- higher win-rate should result in lower variance
- more 'poker' decisions as there are less multi-tabling grinders at $2-$4
- most of my online poker experience is at $2-$4
- I enjoy playing one table more than I do playing many tables
- long-term game improvements more likely playing one table

Obviously, I have some bankroll issues. My starting bankroll for the month was only $3,300. This only gives me 8 buyins at $2-$4. I need to get off to a good start or go back down if I lose. Otherwise, its gonna be BUSTO.

So far, so good. The standard is generally poor. There are a couple of weak-tight players kicking about at most tables but there are quite often one or even two very loose players. Sometimes these are of the 'dream' passive types, but I dont mind if they are aggressive as long as they are way too loose. I have run well for 10 days or so (again, continuing my good fortune) and the bankroll stands at approx $5,000.

I intend to go easy on the withdrawals while the bankroll is on the low side, as inevitably I cant run well forever. However, I do still plan to make a withdrawal at the end of the month.

Wish me luck!

No comments: