Tuesday 3 July 2007

Lucky me!

Totting up the results for June, I have realised how easily it is to be fooled that you are a good poker player.



My actual winnings for the month were $1,585 (which works out at about 4.5BB/100). It would be easy to think that I had played really well and I could go pro within the month. However, analysis of the big pots (>50 big blinds) shows that I got lucky to the tune of $800 or so. All of a sudden this makes the results a lot less impressive.



I took a 'salary' payment of $580 from my account, so I start July with just over $3,300 in the bankroll. I am going to start playing $1-$2, but restrict my buy-in to $100. Also, I am going to play only 1 table, which I will carefully select, and I am going to try to learn to focus 100% on the game whilst playing, to see if I can improve my reading abilities. I am convinced that this is going to be productive in allowing me to move up in limits, improve my game and ultimately improve my win-rate.

No comments: