Monday 25 June 2007

A losing week

This week has been very disappointing.

First of all, I only managed to play about 7 hours, as opposed to my target of 12-15. Then, I failed to get my money in very well, and I failed to get as lucky as I have done for the last few weeks.

I lost $60 on the week - so while not a disaster it was a stutter at best.

I actually missed playing a couple of days, which is unusual for me as I normally manage to fit an hour in on even the busiest of days. The days after I had missed a day were the worst results. I'm pretty sure this is not a coincidence.

I was too eager to play on both Tuesday and Friday and racked up losses those days of $380 in only 3.5 hours play. I got my money in really badly on Friday, even overbet bluffing the river with a missed straight draw against quad Aces.

All in all, a poor week. However, I have stuck to my review plan and get some solace from that. Its reassuring to know that when I play well I generate money, when I play crap I generate losses. I can't argue with that: that's the way poker works.

Also, even though I haven't made a withdrawal yet I have changed my plan on how much to withdraw. Here is the latest plan:

1. Withdraw 100% of my 'true' win for the month
2. If this exceeds 25% of month-end bankroll, cap at this level
3. If I have a true losing month I withdraw nothing.


This has quite a lot of benefits, namely:


1. My earn is related to my 'true' win ie. not affected by luck
2. My bankroll is maintained at a reasonable level
3. Rakeback is re-invested into the bankroll
4. Good luck is re-invested into the bankroll


It sound like a good solution to the conflicting problems of funding steady income and allowing bankroll growth. Let's see.

No comments: