Monday 11 June 2007

A steady week

I played OK last week.

Having started the week playing 9-handed, I decided on Tuesday that the make-up of the tables wasnt particularly helpful to my style of play and decided to go to 6-max. I thought there were too many set-miners, and they played that particular game better than me.

6-max, I think, attracts a higher proportion of the "drop-in gambler" type players, so I decided to give this a go for a while. So far so good.

I've run well this week, to the value of approx $240 [1], so my win for the week of $390 is hardly fantastic. The "true" win figure of $150 means that I have won about $10 per hour, plus about $3 per hour in rakeback.

I wont be going pro just yet but its not bad income from a hobby, and at these stakes its not stressful at all.

The bankroll at the end of the week is just over $2700 with at least another $240 accrued rakeback to come. I should be OK to withdraw $500 at the end of the month. Remember - if I go bust, that the end of my poker career.


[1] - I will provide more on how I calculate this in a later post.

No comments: