Monday 18 June 2007

A good week

I managed to win every day except Sunday this week. In just over 3000 hands I won just over $500. This is very good at these stakes.

I ran well in the big pots, to the tune of about $150 so the true win amount was $350. In 9 hours this is a very respectable $38 per hour.

The bankroll stands at $3400, as rakeback from May ($160) was received this week too.

As far as the results go, so far so good. However, even after a week of wins, I did find myself getting a bit annoyed during the losing session on Sunday night. This is quite distressing. It was almost as if I had got used to winning being the natural order of things and losing was not really something that should happen. Of course this is a long way from the reality of poker.

The last major hand of the week was a semi-gamble, although to be fair I did pick a maniac player to gamble with. The maniac raised to $3.50 from early position and after a mid-position caller I re-raised from the button to $13.50 with Q10 of spades. Only the maniac called. The flop came QK3 (two spades) and the maniac bet out $25. I thought his most likely hand contained a King, but there was a reasonable chance he never had one, so I pushed all-in for $130. He called all-in for $125 and turned over AK (with the Ace of spades). The turn came a spade and I won a big pot.

Without this pot I would have had a $220 winning week, but obviously my luck factor would have been different. (My total equity in this pot was approx $125).

This is not a pot to be particularly proud of, but against his range of hands, its probably a winning play. Against his actual hand, it was a marginally losing play, although I did take the lead, giving me some fold equity also (especially pre-flop).

No comments: